1. „<<I hated the Communists so much, for years I would only read right-wing books. Politics, history, novels – I wanted to kill Ceausescu. I`d even kill Iliescu if I met him today, swear to God ! I picture him in my chair, suffering.>>”
2. „<<Something else about Jews,>> he continues, <<not that I don`t like them, but they`re very clannish. Not to mention rich. I`m sure they want to control the world.>>
I tell him no, that`s the Americans, closely followed by the Chinese. We Brits gave up a long time ago.”
3. „<<By the way, what does hide-a-fur-pea-shoe mean ?>> he asks.
The old lady`s eyes swivel in her skull as she gives us a disapproving glance. I edge sideways to Jack and explain as best as I can.
4. <<It`s what parents say to a kid: Haide, fă pişu ! It means Come on, do a pee ! Why do you ask ?>>
5. Jack sucks his teeth, looks a little bit concerned.
<<Because late last night,>> he explains, <<My neighbour kept whispering it over and over, outside my door. So I looked through the peephole. He was walking up and down the corridor in his slippers, talking to a little dog on a lead.>>
O contributie Roxa